It has been an absolute rollercoaster of a week.
My car was acting up, and running really, really rough. Like, on three cylinders rough. Bad news.
We got a call from the realtor, indicating that the surveyor had been sick, and had to postpone the final survey. Bad news.
Work decided to send me to Alberta for training, so I got a (paid-for) rental car and spent last week with Hubby and the critters Good News.
The realtor called again and indicated that possession will have to be pushed back, again, possibly now into March. Really, really bad news – we gave notice in Alberta, and have no choice but to move out prior to the end of February.
I finally looked under the hood of the car, and realized that the problem was a plug wire that has been rubbing on the battery, exposing the actual wire. It had been running rough because of moisture getting in, probably. I fixed it with some lock de-icer (to drive out the moisture) and fifty cents’ worth of electrical tape. Good News.
I wrote a letter to the seller of the acreage, begging them to let us rent the place until the possession date, rather than leaving us homeless for a couple of weeks. They accepted. YAY! GOOD NEWS!!
So, the ongoing saga of how not to buy an acreage continues…